Bowen Rail Company ramps up recruitment for local workers
27th October 2021
Bowen Rail Company is ramping up its search for workers with recruitment underway for full-time employees in roles varying from admin, finance, HR, safety, engineering, maintenance professionals, supervisors and many more.
Bowen Rail Company General Manager Brendan Lane said the business was proud to be creating long-term jobs for Bowen and the surrounding communities.
“We are kicking off a recruitment drive for more than 20 full-time employees to fill positions right across our rail operations and infrastructure divisions,” Mr Lane said.
“We always said we would deliver jobs to the Bowen region, and we’re proud to be making good on that promise with these secure, well-paid, long-term jobs.
“Our new rail business is a clear demonstration of the strength of the export coal industry that is not only creating local jobs, but providing our high-quality coal to developing nations who need it to help lift their people out of poverty, like India.
“Along with fellow Adani Australia companies Bravus Mining & Resources and Abbot Point Operations, Bowen Rail Company will help to underpin the economic wellbeing of central and north Queensland for decades to come, and that is something we are really proud of.”
Bowen Rail Company’s first state-of-the-art locomotives and wagons have arrived at the Carmichael Rail Network where preparations are underway for the transport of coal from the Carmichael Mine to the North Queensland Export Terminal.
The commencement of this latest round of recruitment marks yet another milestone for the new regional rail company as the business readies for operations.
“These 20 new roles are part of the first phase of recruitment that will see more than 50 new employees for Bowen Rail Company over the coming months,” Mr Lane said.
“We are working to create pathways for Queenslanders to enter the rail sector through innovative up skilling programs.
“With lifestyle rosters on offer and brand-new fleet and equipment, there has never been a better time to consider a career in north Queensland.
“Who wouldn’t want to live, work and play in the beautiful Bowen region with the Whitsundays and some of the best fishing in the world right on our doorstep?
“If you would like to become part of the team, please visit our website at www.bowenrail.com.au.”
About Bowen Rail Company
- The Bowen Rail Company is Queensland’s next-generation rail business.
- Headquartered in Bowen, North Queensland, Bowen Rail Company combines world-leading technology with clever solutions to transport Queensland’s high-quality resources for export to the world.
- The next-generation locomotives are the most technologically advanced rail fleet in Australia, meaning the local workforce is able to work more efficiently, safely, and with a smaller environmental footprint.
- Bowen Rail Company was launched in August 2020 and will commence rail operations in the 2021 calendar year.
- For more information visit: https://www.bowenrail.com.au/